Well, what can I say, it is that time of year, where quite a lot of people have made resolutions to eat better. This is a cake recipe however which is not only egg free, but is virtually fat free too, with the only fat in the recipe coming from the milk, so if you are cutting down on your fat intake or have to cut out eggs from your diet, it is great. It has a similar texture to a malt loaf, and keeps quite well in an airtight container.
- 500g Self Raising Flour
- 300g Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 10 heaped tbsp Marmalade (I used Tiptree Old Time Marmalade, but if you prefer a shreddless one you can use that instead)
- 500ml Milk (I used Semi Skimmed)
- 2tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 100g Sultanas
- 100g Chopped Dried Apricots
Mix until combined.
Bake in a 180degree preheated oven for 40-60 mins, until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Allow to cool and cut into squares to serve!